Monday, January 12, 2009

Ryan Christmas Celebration


Thank you Judy and Patrick for hosting the Christmas celebration this year. We had lots of fun (except for the ride home!). It was great to have Kathy there in spirit and trash (Texas Trash was a big hit) and good to talk to her. We are sorry Taylor wasn't feeling well but we were glad to get caught up with Amanda and Heather (Jim wants more pie!) Chris and Lori were very generous to everyone even if the bowling game wasn't "their game" that day.


Nothing is better than children for Christmas so watching Aiden, Breyen and Delany enjoy the festivities added a whole bunch to the day--thanks Jess and Sean for coming over in the middle of a really busy day for you guys. And I really want to thank Paula for the cream puffs and a little reminder of desserts past--they were GREAT! Mom would have been proud. And I love my necklace--it was thoughtful of you to bring some along. The personalized popcorn bags are a terrific idea--thank you, Matthew--I think we will be needing them this week.

Congratulations to bowling champ Ryan. We owe Matthew on the bet that Ryan would win!

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

I had a great time too. It's always good to see everyone. While I try to see everyone throughout the year, it is so much fun to all be together. Judy and Pat, thanks for hosting! I loved that pasta dish you made, and Chris and Lori's salad was a meal in itself! I loved it! And Patty Anne's "homemade cookies" were really good too.

I was very glad that I didn't try to make it home that night. I was all warm and cozy in Ryan's bed, reading a new book from the exchange while the snow continued to fall. I did make to Bill and Amanda's Sunday afternoon. The raods were clear, and Sophie was just what I needed to complete a perfect weekend.

Thanks to all. I do love my family!

CHRIS said...

WE HAD A LOT OF FUN TOO! NICE TO SEE EVERYONE THAT COULD MAKE IT, WE ALL KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO BE TO DO EVERYTHING WE ALL WANT TO DO. THANKS TO JUDY AND PAT FOR HOSTING AGAIN. JIM, WAHT CAN I SAY? 1 PIN, WHAT A GAME! PAULA, LORI LOVES THE NECKLACE AND WOULD LIKE TO GET ONE FOR APRIL BUT INSISTS ON PAYING FOR IT, NO EXCUSES!!! HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU SOON. CHRIS AND LORI