January is ending (yeah!) and the days seem to be getting a little teeny tiny bit longer. Although February is a short month, it's usually the month that seems to drag on for me and I get especially tired of winter. I can't say I have many particular memories about winter storms or such. I think I remember trying to make caves or tunnels in the snow from mounds like these. I do remember taking the toboggan down the big hills at Tri County club. That had to be quite the outing for Dad to undertake! This is taken in 1966 and I think it must be Mary Jane, Paula, Kathy and I (and Longfellow).Fifty years earlier : here's Nanny Flynn --she looks like she is having a grand time! This is 1916 when she was about 6 years old.

1 comment:
I love both these pictures. The one of us, because it looks like I'm laughing like crazy. I remember that we used to "sled" down the piles of snow. And the one of Nanny because I never really thought of her as a little girl having fun in the snow.
I don't doubt that you don't remember much about the winter play outside, you used to like to stay inside!
I do remember the trips to the golf course. We would all get on the tobbagin and fly down the hill! It was fun unless you were in front and it was fresh snow. Then you would get a mouth full of the powder! Good memories. I often think Dad must have been so tired helping us up the hill...wow...
Post a Comment