I came across an interesting article in the Boston Daily Globe Aug 2 1920:
Ida is the wife of Richard Ryan (Dad's uncle) and I've recently made contact with Richard's granddaughter. You don't even need to read between the lines to see there's a great deal more to this story than told here in print. Unfortunately, I don't know what that backstory might be but I do know Ida was "found" as she apparently continued her family life until her death in 1954. The article implies Ida may have been a victim of foul play in a long string of missing women that year. She seemed to be a very small woman, good looking, dressed well and recently released from the hospital. Of the most common reasons for such cases as described by the police, it's my belief that "unrest" is the most likely cause for this disappearance.
I offer you this small mystery for your consideration this week. We are going to Gloucester for Easter and I hope to spend a fair amount of time in research. This is one of the leads I plan to follow so stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment