Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our Great Grandparents!

All these years I've been researching the Ryans in Gloucester and FINALLY have found someone else doing the same...another Ryan researcher.  And this one has pictures and stories....but today, it's all about the pictures.  She tells me this is a picture of our great grandparents William and Katherine (Bentley) Ryan. I've never seen a picture of these great grandparents so I'm not yet 100% certain (there are a scary number of William and Katherine (or Catherine or Kathryn etc) Ryans in our family tree but right now, I believe these are our direct ancestors.

William Ryan Sr died in 1934 before either Unlce Tim or Peter were born so they wouldn't remember him.  Katherine died in 1945 when Tim and Peter were very young but I suppose they could have seen pictures. I would like to verify that these people are William Sr and Katherine but for now, they are our great grandparents!  Whether you realize it or not, this is a BIG breakthrough for us.......

No comments: