Happy Birthday Mary Jane. I always especially liked Mary Jane's birthday I guess because it's an almost sure sign that spring is here. Eastertime, spring, sunshine and flowers all make this time of year so hopeful. So Mary Jane's birthday is a good marker of that hopefulness of a new season. And I think that's appropriate.
Jessica and Sean are moving into their new house today. Judy's family starts their vacation today. We remember Mary Jane's birthday.
I was thinking about making a cake in her honor but I can't quite remember what she would ask Mom for. I am thinking it was something crazy like a green cake with orange icing or some such but I just don't remember. Neither do I quite remember what she would ask for as dinner. The birthday cake on that nice white cake stand seems to me to be the symbol of our birthdays. Chris tells me he has that plate now and I hope it celebrates occasions the way it did all those years ago.
I find peace in remembering Mary Jane on her birthday but that doesn't always hold true in May. It took a really long time, but now there is some peace in those memories and I think that would make Mary Jane smile like she is here.

2 comments:
Someone likes white cake, who is that?
I always have a rough time on birthdays. It is easier than it was last year and will probably be easier next year. I am excited for Jess and family for their new home.
Love to everyone!
Happy Birthday Mary Jane! I still miss her so much. I love Jess and Sean's new home. We commented that the new chapter in their lives was starting on Mary Jane's birthday. We thought it was fitting. Taylor was there for the big move and Amanda was expected later in the day...
Patty Anne and I went shopping this weekend and noticed all the Mother's Day Cards out for sale. We both talked about how it is sad that we don't have to buy a card anymore... I'm also wishing I could buy a card for Mary Jane...
Love the picture you posted. Mary Jane was always so photogenic!
Post a Comment