Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Paula





Taken a mere 45 years ago--Paula's first "real" birthday! Happy Birthday Paula! I like this picture for the Valentine on the back wall, the Last Supper painting, the embroidered tablecloth, the cake stand and cake--all great memories.


A while back, I bought some pins in an Irish store that are coats of arms for our various Irish surnames Today as I was getting them ready to wear (since it's March finally) I realized they contained interesting information on the back. I have no idea how valid any of this is but here you go: Ryan (O Riain) is descended from the Irish sept of O Maoilriain located in Co. Limerick and Tipperary in the baronies of Owenybeg, Oweny and Arra. Established in the 14th Century to the point now where Ryan is in the top ten most numerous names in Ireland. The greatest numbers of the name are in Counties Limerick and Tipperary. Name Meaning "River God".


So, to the rest of you River Gods, welcome to March!


1 comment:

PaulaO said...

This River God had a very nice birthday! Thanks for the photo. It says so much... Especially on Nanny's face. Where did that cake plate end up? Is it still around? I wonder what was going on to the right of the picture taker that Patty Anne, Myself and Kathy are looking at...

Great memories. Thanks for the thoughts.