Thursday, October 9, 2014

First October 2014 Gloucester Report

As you know, I am spending most of this month in Gloucester.  I'm lucky enough to have all the time in the world to do family history research to my heart's content and still share the weekends with Jim.  Already I have gotten a great deal of cool information to share.  But most of that is going to have to wait until I can access my scanner.

For now, here's a little treat for your eyes:



These were taken at the Cape Ann Marina Fall Fest -- also featured on Good Morning Gloucester for those that follow Joey (Paula!).  It was drizzling but still lots of fun.  This is the "home" marina for Wicked Tuna and we always check out the FV (fishing vessels) when we stop by there.

Our first night we decided to have dinner at Giuseppe's, a restaurant we hadn't been to in a while.  We were having a drink at the bar while we waited for Tim and Emmy to join us.  A woman was celebrating her 94th birthday so Jim offered to buy her a shot to celebrate.  She refused (which is when I knew she wasn't related) but was quite charming and Jim flirted her up pretty good.  We were telling this story to Tim and Emmy after we had been seated when a man approached the table and asked Jim if he was the guy that offered the birthday lady a drink.  He thought it was a cool thing to do, so he left his gift card saying it had a little left on it for us to apply to our dinner.  He said he was paying it forward.

I thought it was a nice turn of events after my recent efforts to do the same until we heard the very next day that Giuseppe's had unexpectedly closed its doors for good!  Makes me wonder if that guy knew something we didn't......and I hope the place we have Jim's birthday dinner will still be open the next day.

1 comment:

PaulaO said...

Just take the gift for what it was, a very nice gesture! No matter if he knew or not. He didn't have to do it, but he did! Too bad a about Giuseppe's though...

The pictures of the kids are great! I absolutely LOVE the way Julia is growing into such a beauty! She is mesmerizing to me! I love her hair! I love the grin! and the freckles just make her that much more beautiful! You captured it all in that picture! the twins are growing up way too fast! I'm so glad you are able to spend time with them.

From the photos I've seen so far, I am thinking that this was the perfect spot for you to relax and regenerate for a month! Good for you!