It's been an interesting weather week here in Gloucester. A nor'easter hit with a bit more impact than I think was expected. Though it didn't feel threatening in any way, the wind blew ferociously and the rain came in sheets. When we went out to take the pictures, I had to anchor myself carefully.
It was pretty impressive and we did get to observe some of it from the Elks Club where we had lunch with Uncle Peter and his girlfriend Andrea. It's been great to spend a little time with Peter, especially since we missed him the last time we were here. He's full of great stories I can't wait to share.
Jim arrived last Saturday to start his extended stay (and finish mine:) ). His brother Robert and wife Bobbie came also for a few days so we had a good time showing them around. I had a very nice birthday--I've decided I very much like spending it here. And Paula is on her way this weekend for a visit which everyone is looking forward to.
Our time here is wrapping up and I feel very settled. My bloodlines are full of sea air and family stories. I've begun to recognize people on the streets and in the stores so it's probably time to return home! See you on the other side.
3 comments:
The storm was winding down when I got there for my quick 48 hour tour. These pictures are great! It always makes my heart feel better to be in Gloucester. I'm so glad you had a chance to stay for so long! It gave me the opportunity to get there too!
Just checking to see if this worked.
Welcome back Judy!
Post a Comment