I think I've mentioned previously that I find it interesting that Lake Erie is playing such a big role in the lives of the current generation. It continues. Don't you remember swimming lessons on the lake? It wasn't so nice on the lake down on Sunset Bay in the 1960s as it is today (thank goodness). I spent some time fishing there as well as a little boating. And now it's the next generation's turn for the same!
Paula and Ryan took a trip to Erie to see Tim, Pam and Amy last weekend (thank you Paula). They went out on the lake and Ryan got his first tubing experience. I was greatly relieved to know he was being driven around by a member of the Coast Guard! What struck me -- of course-- were the pictures and how they reminded me of the Hollow Lake Ontario Canada pictures from the Nevins family.
I love this picture of Paula and I call it the "Papa Hemingway" shot because this shot below of Henry Nevins reminds me of Ernest Hemingway:
Each of these pictures seem to reflect how lake activities bind the generations together.
This has always been one of my favorite pictures of Weenie and I:
There are no less than one gazillion pictures of lake activities in the Nevins collection and it was fun to be reminded that history indeed repeats itself.



No comments:
Post a Comment