Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Leap Birthday Paula!

Happy Birthday to our Leap Year Baby Paula.  It's a rare 13 year old who maintains such poise and vitality.  I hope  you are having a great day.  February 29 1960 was a Monday:  "Monday's child is fair of face"--very apt!  She's a Leapling and is as old as the Family Circus cartoon.  I'n not having much luck finding interesting people who share this birthday, but that makes Paula all the more special. 

I love the idea of the 1973 themed party.  Here's a little bit of what 1973 looked like for us:
Paula and her 7th grade class cohorts in the 1973 Silver Creek yearbook!

1973 on Buffalo Street
That outfit of mine is handmade (by me, if you can believe that)

We don't want to leave these fashion plates in our dust.  Loving those white shoes.  This is Judy's First Communion, so technically 1974 I'm sure.

You've seen this before and it's 1972 but specially selected for the fashion statement it makes.

So I don't know how I will express my 1973 self for Paula's party but this is my contribution to the celebration even though I wouldn't be 13 again if you paid me.  Love you Paula and I hope you have a grand year. 

2 comments:

CHRIS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULA! HOPE YOU ENJOY, YOU DON'T GET TO MANY!

PaulaO said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. I had a wonderful birthday. It was one of those days where things just got better and better. It reminded me how truly blessed I am to have the great friends and family that I have. While not all of you were able to get to my strange, mid-week, 1973 party, I heard from everyone and felt very loved.

I've had some struggles in my life, (haven't we all?) but they all made me who I am right now. I really like the me I am right now. So all has been worth it.

The only "famous" person I found born on my birthday is Anthony Robbins, the motivational speaker. I've never read or heard his views. Why would I listen to a motivational speaker when I have such great poeple in my life who help guide me??

1973 news & notes:

-Troops were withdrawn from Viet Nam. (one of my party guests dressed as a Viet Nam vet, it was great)

- Spiro Agnew resigned as Vice President for tax evasion. Gerald Ford appointed VP. (Eventually Ford became President when Nixon resigned meaning he was the first non-elected president.)

- First AMT patent was awarded.

- First air bag in a vehicle (Oldsmobile Toronado)

- First bar codes used. AND first hand held cell phone made. (sounds like '73 was a good year for technology)

We had lots more at the party... Oh the outfits looked ALOT like the pictures you put up! What fun!