This is what remains of my chocolate malt from Sonic after sitting in my closed car for about 4 hours in low 60 degree weather. I hadn't had very much of it before I had to leave it behind in the car for what turned out to be several hours so the chocolate malt ice cream mixture melted into a liquid mess. But the "whipped cream" didn't change shape or texture one little bit. It is very disturbing to think that this stuff didn't disintegrate AT ALL -- even when I dumped it down the disposal--it was still very cohesive and perfectly formed. Really makes you wonder what it is made of. I thought about looking it up but I don't think I want to know and I certainly don't want to burden you with that knowledge.
When I think of our childhood, sometimes I think about all those commonplace every day habits of the adults in our lives that are now considered unhealthy or even dangerous. Leaving meat out on the counter for hours and hours; full fat milk; no use of seat restraints or car seats--the list could go on and on. We have been well trained in different habits, but it seems to me that no unhealthy or dangerous habit that Mom and Dad may have exposed us to could possibly be as scary as this blob of white.
1 comment:
You notice the most amazing things... No, I don't want to know what that "whipped cream" is made of!
I've often thought about all the things we were exposed to as children that would never pass these days... smoking everywhere, playing outside with minimal supervision, riding bikes with no helmets...
The way I see it, we are tough cookies and survived all those things in spite of ourselves. But I also think we try to protect each other from too much these days. We fell down, but that's how we learned to get back up, brush ourselves off, and move on. That's not so bad.
Post a Comment