Sunday, June 19, 2011

Give us a D...Give us an A...Give us a D....What's that spell?

Can you find your father in this picture?

I have this labeled as taken in 1945 which matches right up with what I figure are Dad's high school years.  I guess he came by his Bonaventure cheering position honestly!  And our cheerleaders Kathy Paula and Mary Jane's pom poms didn't fall far from the tree.  There's a 1945 Gloucester High yearbook available on eBay that I expect includes Dad.  They want $65 for it (!) which is too rich for my blood especially considering we probably trashed them when we cleaned out the house.  Guess we should have been more on top of that at the time but that 1945 Gloucester yearbook has been on sale for several weeks now (no wonder at $65).

Happy Father's Day to all our dads out there.  Sure is a different experience today than it was in the past.


2 comments:

Judy said...

Matthew thinks Timmy looks just like Dad.

PaulaO said...

I knew Dad was a St. Bonaventure cheerleader, but I don't think I knew he was a high school cheerleader too! Patty Anne, you come up with the best information! I love it.

I see Tim in this picture, for sure. Good call by Matthew!