Welcome to this wonderful family, John Gary O'Brien! I am so thankful the new branch on our family tree has arrived healthy and safely! I remember Thanksgivings as a kid being a day of spending time together and football on the TV, of course! I don't remember there being alot of extra people around. It was Mom's favorite holiday, or at least I remember her saying she preferred it to Christmas. She liked the idea of spending time together as a family and enjoying a good meal without all the hassle of gift giving, a tree, and decorations.
Mom must have gotten up really early to start the turkey cooking because you could smell it from the minute you woke up Thanksgiving morning.
I like thinking about what I am greatful for, it reminds me how lucky I am. I'm lucky to have a great family and support system. I'm greatful for my children and hope to pass that on to them. I'm VERY thankful for my grandchildren. What a great gift from life to look in their little faces and see the future of our family! I love you all. Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Congratulations again! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Post a Comment