Saturday, November 13, 2010

Here's a little story I found about Weenie that I thought you'd enjoy.  I think if you click the picture it will enlarge so you can actually read it-we're all over 40 now, so enlarged print is our best friend.  Here's a picture of the team they are talking about

The newly minted Hawaiin is in the back row second from left.  Can you find Weenie?  Maybe this will help

Isn't this a great shot?  He looks really happy and comfortable with a baby in his lap. He would have been about 27 during the baseball season; married just short of two years.

I guess the story helps me see some of what attracted Mom to Dad.  They say women marry men like their fathers.  Do you have any idea how scary that is when you see the truth in that little idiom????

Anyway, Weenie's on my mind because today I learned that a phone call I made to Lisa Louise Cooke, a genealogy podcaster, about Weenie as a Leatherneck was selected as one of her favorite gems in her 100th episode celebration!  It was the only listener phone call selected as one of her favorite moments over 100 episodes!  Nothing less than he deserved.......

No comments: