I just love this picture of Mom at Niagara Falls in 1943 (67 years ago this month!!) I remember my first trip to Niagara Falls--I think Tim or Peter was with us. I recall thinking it must be raining but of course it wasn't! I realized Niagara Falls was a big deal but I can't say I remember anything else much about that time. I've been there a couple of other times but my favorite was the trip we took as a family a few years ago. We got on the "Maid of the Mist" the first run of the day and there weren't many others on the boat with us so it was nice a relaxed. We had dinner at a very nice restaurant which provided service we still talk about today! It was a great trip. I hope this was for Mom too.

3 comments:
I don't think I have ever seen this picture! I love it.
I've only been to the falls once, and really enjoyed it. I went with a group from work (when I worked at Custom Electronics). I did all the touristy things, the Maid of the Mist, the needle on the Canadian side, and the near-by gardens. I loved it.
Thanks for sharing this picture. I like seeing mom like this.
I think that Mary Jane resembled Mom. Didn't realize that.
I see what you mean Judy.
Post a Comment