These baby birds were nesting in a tree in our yard until recently. I hope they left because it was time for them to leave--they look fairly big here--and not because my camera stalking chased them away. I just think this is a very cool shot so I wanted to share it.
Yesterday I was standing on the deck talking to Jim who was working in the yard, so I was kind of leaning on the railing. There was a little commotion in my peripheral vision and I turned to look straight into the face of a curious hummingbird! She was right there so close I could touch her. She was just suspended in the air looking straight at me as if to say "you got anything for me?". It lasted longer than I would have expected it to before she took off leaving me feel like I'd had a special connection with nature (yea, me--a special connection with nature!). I'm still feeling the wonder of that encounter today so that's my Daily Notice for Aug 8.
A rare visit--just like Kathy's upcoming trip! Somewhat fleeting but I don't think a connection to nature will be on the horizon........
No comments:
Post a Comment