Monday, June 14, 2010

Gobsmacked and nearly breathless

I do not know what  Gobsmacked means exactly but it SOUNDS just right for the way I've been feeling lately.  And having a word SOUND just right seems appropriate as I reflect a bit on Jim and Ryan's last concert.  It was an amazing night. His family came from Long Island, Albany and New Paltz and I think I can safely say the trip was worth it for them. 

I'm sorry I didn't think to encourage you to come and witness for yourselves the tributes given and received that night--Ryan's words especially reflected the evening's tone. Ryan literally took my breath away.  I will let pictures tell the story as I do not have the words.



 It's been an incredible few weeks.  I hope a kitten doesn't get itself stuck up a tree or I might start crying and be unable to stop for several days.

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

Congratulations to Jim on his last concert, and the tribute. I was in Harpursville last weekend and witnessed what it is like when someone, like Jim, affects the community. I saw signs at the firehouse, at the school, and at more than one private home that wished Jim well in his retirement and thanking him for his community service. The signs were hand made, and heartfelt. I asked Patty Anne if anyone else was retiring this year? She said yes, a few. But the signs were for Jim. It was amazing! I was very moved. I'm not sure I could have stayed upright if I had personally witnessed Ryan's tribute to his father. I almost melted with Amy's facebook salute to Jim on the day of his concert!

It is quite a thing to affect a whole community, Jim. And to have them recognize it is even more special! Congratulations!

Oh, and hang in there Patty Anne, your baby graduates in two weeks! That should help your tightrope walk of emotions, don't you think?

Judy said...

I wish we could have been there to share the day with all of you. You must all be so proud. Congratulations, Jim!