
I am having a hard time getting into the spirit of the season. Anybody else struggling with this also? I don't know why. I WANT to be in the Christmas mood. I WANT to feel happily smug with the hidden Christmas gifts and in the knowledge that the day will get here whether I am ready or not. But I'm not there yet.
I figure it probably has to do with my children getting older so the "magic" isn't there the way it used to be. Even when we were younger but were getting older such as in this picture (1971 Buffalo St), I could still feel some of the anticipation and excitement. Now anticipation and the calendar seem more like the enemy than the blessing it should be.
So I went out and got baking supplies today. I'm going to light up one of the holiday candles and get out my favorite Christmas movie: Muppet Christmas Carol and pretend I'm Martha Stewart. It does help that there's some snow on the ground. You are welcome to join me. I'll give you a cookie and some milk. Or some beer. That would be more in tune with family holiday celebrations!
1 comment:
I am also having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit... I first thought it was because I haven't seen my grandchildren in too long... then I tought it was because I wasn't in the Christmas show this year... I also blamed it on the lack of "wintry weather"...Or maybe it's because the stores have had decorations out since before Halloween and now I'm numb to it... No real explaination for it.
I thought putting up my tree yesterday would do the trick. So I put on my favorite Christmas CD (Michael Buble)and put up the tree. I put several hundred lights on it, because I always want more lights! I stepped back and looked at it, and NOTHING... I went over to the couch and took a nap instead of decorating it any further... What is the matter?
Like you said, it will come no matter what. So I'm hoping by putting up my outdoor lights, and having them greet me on these cold winter nights, that I will find the spirit....maybe beer will help.... Ho! Ho! Ho!
Post a Comment