
I hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day. Sure is nice to have it be bright and almost sunny outside--that certainly helps. My memories of Valentine's Days are pretty vague but I do recall being told that I was home sick on Valentine's Day in kindergarten and Russell Stebbins came to the house to deliver his Valentine for me.
Thinking of Valentine's Day brings to mind the smell of paste and cut paper as you design those heartfelt construction paper hearts for your parents--and others if you had a special someone! I remember being pretty careful in selecting which of those teeny tiny paper valentines would be addressed to whom. What I don't really remember is if I looked at the ones I received to see if there was any hidden meaning between the Goofy valentine or the Fred Flintstone one. I do remember we always had to make sure to include everyone in the class so very updated lists would come home with us. I don't know if such lists are still sent home with the expectation that a child will bring in a valentine for each classmate. This was something that was done at home when we were in school. I have a feeling such work is now done right in the classroom if done at all. Funny I don't have a clear recollection of what Amy and Ryan did for their classmates. I think I tried to send in 23 pencils or something like that.
Anyhow, sweet wishes to you today! It was Julia's 3rd birthday this week!! We can't wait to see her again. Amy is almost 5 in this picture and Ryan's about 1 1/2 and looking thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment