Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday this week to Chris! Isn't it kind of nice to know you are over that hill and now you and I can help push Kathy over it next? I guess I kind of still think of us all as kids so it's hard to put that image together with us getting to be 50+.

Mom was the age I am now when I got married. And I'll tell you I'm not ready for that!! Especially when I look at wedding pictures and see her dressed in what I now consider to be "old lady" style clothes (I didn't think so then). I do agree that it seems the conception of age has changed somewhat, probably because of all us baby boomers coming through. On the other hand, Nanny was 50 when Paula was born and when I see pictures, it is hard to imagine. Enough perspective for one blog, right?

Speaking of such, the blog is now a year old! Thank you for contributing, reading and reacting. Let's all keep it up.

2 comments:

CHRIS said...

YOU ARE STILL OVER THE HILL THE MOST!!!!!!!! THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

PaulaO said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I still think of all of us as kids, most of the time. Mostly because we sure can act like kids! But then there are days when I definately feel older. I hardly ever feel "old". I often wonder if Mom and Dad felt like that. I never heard them say things like "I don't feel as old as I am"or "How did so much time go by so fast". I say that to my kids once in a while.

Happy Birthday to you Chris. I'll be joining you in that decade pretty soon. (Of course, I will never be old, because of Leap Year!)