This blog was created November 2007 upon our return from a fall trip to Gloucester so it is celebrating its 7th birthday! Wow! Seven years of following my ramblings and wandering. Congratulations to you all for hanging in there. I have a gift for you!
I was tickled to find a picture to accompany this obituary for Mary (Ryan) Brotherton. Mary was our immigrant Timothy Ryan's daughter--she was born in 1866 and died 1943. This Mary appears to have been named after a sister Mary who died when she was 2 a few years before this Mary was born. This picture was obviously from later in her life but I see a little
resemblance here to her brother William (who is our direct Ryan
ancestor).
This is William Ryan and his wife Catherine (Bentley) from whom we descend. If you look at William and Mary I think we get a glimpse into what immigrant Timothy might have looked like. But perhaps they favor their mother instead..........
In related birthday news, it was also Uncle Tim's birthday this week. He turned 73. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:
Seven years! That is not what I would have guessed. Happy you have found a way to document your wonderful finding for all of us to share! Thanks for doing it.
Now, in reflection, I will say I love the memories this blog has mustered up. I love that we gre up (sort of) in a family of eight, and we all have similar, but different memories. When people share their memories, it sparks new memories for me! I absolutely love that! So Thank you, and thank all who add to this blog.
Happy Birthday to our ancestors! And next week to our brother, Chris, Tim's wife, Pam and my grandson, Jon, all on November 20th! I better get some cards!
Post a Comment