Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mary Jane on her 52nd birthday

Wow!  That looks weird, right?  Mary Jane would have been 52 today.  As always, I am thinking of her on her birthday.  As I was contemplating her upcoming birthday earlier this week, I realized that bringing Mary Jane to mind no longer automatically starts the teary eyes going.  I find myself smiling more often than crying when I think of her.  I'm OK with that.  It took a very long time for me to get there and it's not that I don't miss her, but I guess it's taken all these years to process it.  I suppose it could also be part of my new (retired) stage of life but I'd prefer to think it is just a normal part of processing the loss. 

Here are some pictures you may not have seen recently:

I really like this picture.  Makes me miss Weenie too.

Another classic in the collection.

Taylor napping with Mom

Mary Jane with flowers growing out of her head.

Anyhow, cheers to Mary Jane.  We'll be going to Gloucester for the Easter weekend, which has become our tradition so Happy Easter to you all as well.  I hope it will be springlike wherever you are.

No comments: