It's the sound of the chainsaw that takes me right back to Oliver Street Silver Creek. I was trying to nap and the chainsaw noise woke me or kept me from falling back to sleep. Whenever I hear that sound, it takes me right back to my 3 year old self. I can feel myself in that bed--for some reason it was a big bed--maybe Mom and Dad's. Chainsaws = naps. Go figure.
Anyhow, I thought it might be fun to look at some old group pictures for this blog post. I'll apologize to Judy right off that I have more without her than with her.
Fella loving on Weenie
I'm apparently rocking the Popeye look
There's Judy. Look at Mary Jane's hair!! Can you remember how that couch fabric itched?
Weenie really had a lap-ful here. He looks very happy.
Aww.
I like this one especially.
Yo! Cowboy!! Paula looks very proper here.
Miss you all.







2 comments:
These are great pictures! I remember having to pose for these group shots. Oh, I didn't like it at all. I am glad we have them now, though. I know that Weenie loved having us all in one chair! He truly was what a grandfather ought to be. We were so lucky to have him.
Just for history sake, that picture you have labled that Benny is loving on Weenie. That is Fella, not Benny. I know how little you like dogs, so I understand you not remembering which dog this is. But Fella (or Longfellow) was the brown bassett, and Benny was more black.
Chain saws and naps.... hmmm. Perhaps is was Dad's snoring that reminded you of naps?! It is strange that something from when you are three years old could come up when you are.... how old are you???? Smells can do that too. Bring back memories so real... Sleep well....
Paula is correct once again! Thanks to my editor! :) I need someone to keep on top of these things.
Post a Comment