It's the fourth anniversary of this blog--doesn't really seem like that much time has gone by. I'm a little time disoriented this weekend for a couple of reasons. First, of course, is the time change (thank goodness those clocks have been turned back--my body was aching for it). Another factor is that it feels a little bit like "Empty Nest Take 2" since Kathy moved to her own place this week! I'm very happy for her and expect that the new job and apartment will help get things back to something more normal for her.
But perhaps the biggest reason the the time disorientation is that I've just finished a book that Brenda loaned me called What Alice Forgot. It's about a woman who gets knocked in the head and loses the memory of the last 10 years of her life. In that 10 years, her children were born and she separated from her husband. But she is living life as it had been 10 years prior when she was newly pregnant with her first child. Brenda gave me the book yesterday and I finished it today. I haven't done that in ages--no book has attached itself to me like that in a long time and neither have I had the "empty" time available to do nothing much more than read.
It was delightful to spend the day in this manner--lost in time.
Ten years ago, we were all still reeling from the Sept 11 terrorist attacks. We didn't yet know that Mom was sick. Aiden was a baby. Amy was in 8th grade. You get the idea. Imagine waking up and thinking it was 10 years ago, but your body had still aged! As with the characters in the book, sometimes we change in that amount of time. Reading the book, you have to wonder about the person you were 10 years ago vs the person you are today. Hmmmmm.
Oh well, guess I'll just go watch 60 Minutes. That Andy Rooney is a character........what did you say? Who left the show and died this week?????
No comments:
Post a Comment