Saturday, July 2, 2011

Anne Marie Flynn Ryan 1933-2002

I am missing Mom a great deal today.  I think she would have enjoyed hearing about the Charlotte trip.  One of the best times I ever had with Mom was one of those trips to Toronto.  I had a haircut experience yesterday that would have made her smile, I'm sure.  I guess you already know it isn't usually the big things that bring Mom to mind, but the little everyday things like haircuts. 

Anyhow, here are some pictures I thought you might like even though I think you have seen them before.
The famous blue dress in black and white.  I think this was before their own Toronto trip.   Imagine how much they were looking forward to that!

A day that was a LONG time coming

Not the most flattering picture of Mom but they all look so happy.

So they say "Rest in Peace" which is a very comforting thought for those of us left behind, but how could she possibly rest in peace rejoining her parents, her grandparents and Mary Jane?  She can meet grandparents she never knew (Grampie and Mary Brown).  How peaceful can it really be?

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

I miss Mom in the everyday type things too. I can't believe it has been nine years! How could it be?

When I think about her and Dad, I think, "it couldn't be nine years. Didn't I just see them?" But then I think about the wonderful things that have happened to our family since then, (especially Lori Thorpe!) and it seems like they have been there for a very long time... Strange how WHAT you are thinking about can change HOW you think of it...

Miss you, Mom. Love you, Lori, so glad you are part of our family.

CHRIS said...

Thanks Paula, I'm glad to know you all as well. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet your Mom, I know how much she means to Chris, then, now and forever. She obviously was a wonderful woman to have raised such a nice family. Thanks for including me as well!
Lori