Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mary Jane

Here are some random pictures of Mary Jane I thought would be appropriate for her birthday.  Of course, I've been thinking a lot about her as I always do at this time of the year and I realized that most of my adult memories with her are sad.  It remains difficult for me to come to terms with the reality that I had just barely begun to get to know Mary Jane as a adult when everything changed for us forever.

I know some of you had more opportunity to spend time and get to know the happy healthy adult Mary Jane and I regret that it wasn't the same for me. I don't even have very many memories as younger children.  I remember Mom bringing her home from the hospital 49 years ago.  I recall her hair being so very curly and nearly unmanageable.  What a great smile!  Well, here's to Mary Jane!

 Easter 1968

Dec 1962

1973

1 comment:

PaulaO said...

I was very lucky to have known the happy, healthy adult Mary Jane! She was one of my best friends. Mary Jane, Judy and I used to spend alot of time together, laughing and making great memories. She had a quick wit and was compassionate. She loved her girls beyond measure. We played softball, and went out dancing. She was a good dancer, not so good at softball.

I remember thinking, after she died, that there were way too many memories that only she and I knew. I was afraid of losing them. Some have dropped out of my mind. But most are still here.

She loved a good thunderstorm. Something I didn't share with her while she was alive. But now I love them too, because they remind me of her. It thundered yesterday, on her birthday. I smiled and cried....