Monday, August 17, 2009




We have just returned from our brief vacation trip to Long Island. Ryan says it was just the kind of trip he likes--4 days (not too long I guess); some time to hang; some fun stuff to do. We went to see Stomp off Broadway. The teeny tiny theater really surprised me and we sat in the second row (no one was in the first row) and I could have reached over to tie the shoes of the performers. It wasn't one of those neck-bender stages so we were in good shape even if one of the performers just about slid off the stage into my lap. We also spent a day at the beach--it was a very nice day and the kids got to spend time with their cousins as you can see.

We didn't get to have this kind of time with our cousins. Of course, there weren't as many of them as my kids are blessed with and our cousins weren't as close in age as these guys are, but I think we missed out on something pretty special. These cousins just love to spend time with each other and very quickly fall back into their comfortable relationships as soon as they get back together in the same room again. It does require active work on the part of the parents involved and Jim's family has always made time with cousins an important priority. It has certainly paid off for these kids! I sort of forget that Cathy and Kevin are our cousins but I don't think that will be the case for Amy and Ryan and the rest of the crew.

The kids also held an Extreme Pool Olympics and here is one of the prize moments from that. Ryan definitely took the medal in the freestyle event.

No comments: