
I was sad to hear that Kathy had to have Nolan Ryan euthanized. We all know how hard it is to lose a pet, Kathy--this is to say "we are here for you"! It brings to mind some of the other family pets we have loved and lost. Does anyone remember Skippy? My recollection is that he was a raggedy mutt that often chased cars and bicycles down Dennison Road. I do not remember what happened to him in the end. There's Longfellow and Cecelia; Benny; Harry. For the life of me I cannot remember the names of Chris' dogs besides Weezy. And Judy's Fenway. Brain cramp on those names but here's to those 4 legged creatures we have loved and lost. They were good friends. This is Sweeney, Dallas Cowboy and Nolan Ryan. Cheers.
PS: Ivan and Max were the dogs I was trying to remember (thanks Chris) and Judy's Cassie--I have probably not spelled it right.
4 comments:
I remember Skippy. I had forgotten, until you mentioned him, but I recall that he got hit by a car and died. I remember he chased cars all the time. He was a ragamuffin. Do you think there are any photos of him? I think he was medium build, mostly black and gray. Man, that was a long time ago.
Nolan was a good cat. I recall that he was very curious when I would visit. He liked sleeping on my suitcase, or on my nightgown if I left it out. He was very lucky to have Kathy.
Cecelia had two kittens that we kept too, I think Fluffy, a girl and Tom a boy. I'm not sure of the names, but the girl was long haired, gray and white and the boy was a tom cat. We had them out on Dennison road too.
I think it's funny that both Amanda and Kevin Kelly have Bassett Hounds now!
Cheers to all the pets that have loved us, and that we have loved. And especially to Nolan, Kathy's very special baby.
Did anyone mention Gertie?
White cat that traveled from Silver Creek to Walton (I think)
I had forgotten about Gertie! Was she the one who dropped out of the trunk through a hole back there when we drove them to Walton from Silver Creek? I think we lost 2 cats that way--or at least that was the story we were told--more likely they met a different fate.
I remember Gertie! She was white mostly, with a little black, right? I'd forgotten her too. I'm really not much of a cat person. I did get along pretty good with Kathy's "kids" when I have visited there.
That picture of Skippy is just as I remember him. Man, he was a mutt!
My kids and I had Killer. He was a good dog, a German Shepperd. Now Bill has Dioggee, also a shepperd.
Judy, you might remember our other dog, Romeo-a black mutt. Kevin and I got him when Kevin was still in the Marine Corps (we got Killer then too). Both were good dogs.
I'm definately a dog person.
Post a Comment